Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore my air fryer. I’ll bring it up whenever the opportunity arises, and I’ve even managed to persuade a few acquaintances that they need one in their kitchen.
There is even a meme going around about surviving the pandemic without buying an air fryer but like “What the heck”? This is the most amazing things since sliced bread!!
I’ve pretty much started avoiding using my oven whenever possible in favor of my favorite kitchen equipment at this point.
I know I’m a little late to the party, but I recently discovered yet another way to use my air fryer. I was surfing through Instagram when I came across a video clip of someone baking muffins in an air fryer, and I was immediately fascinated. I was astounded that I hadn’t considered it before. I knew I had to try it as soon as I saw the video.
I decided to attempt the air fryer approach for cooking muffins with a premade muffin mix because I always have one or two on hand, but it would also work with a homemade muffin recipe. I poured the batter into my silicone muffin cups after adding the necessary amount of milk to the mix (you can get them on Amazon here).
I preheated the oven to 350°F for about 15 minutes, but I wasn’t sure how long they would take. They were starting to set when I checked on them after about five minutes.
After 10 minutes, I checked on them and they were almost done, so I removed them after 12 minutes, when the tops of the muffins were golden brown.
Cooking time varies each fryer, but I found that 12 minutes at 350 degrees was the sweet spot for me. I have a Phillips 3.2 Quart Digital Air Fryer and can fit six muffins in the basket at a time, but the size of your machine depends determine how many you can accommodate. Because air fryers cook food faster than a traditional oven, you’ll want to cut the suggested cooking time in half.
WATCH: How To Use Your Air Fryer, From The Test Kitchen
Baking muffins in the air fryer is a definite win in my book because it requires no preheating and cooks them faster. I don’t think I’ll ever make muffins in the oven again now that I’ve perfected the procedure of baking them in my air fryer.
To buy this air fryer in North America only on Amazon – https://amzn.to/39JRG1S
To purchase an Air Fryer in Thailand – https://bit.ly/3D6LltN
- The Philips Airfryer is the healthiest way to fry, using little or no added oil to fry your favorite food. It’s the only air fryer with fat removal technology that reduces and captures excess fat.
- With a 2 pounds/3Qt capacity you can now make delicious meals for up to 4 people every day. Fits 1 bag of frozen French fries and creates just as crispy as deep-fried results.
- The Air fryer is instantly hot and ready to go in seconds, cooking faster than a conventional oven. With no preheat needed, you can save time and start cooking right away.Rapid Air technology
- Multi-cooking technology: Air fry, bake, grill, roast, reheat, dehydrate, and toast, all in the same device.
- Cleaning is simple: This Philips Airfryer includes dishwasher-safe removable parts and a quick-clean basket to save you time
- Philips Airfryer is the #1 premium air fryer in North America
To Buy this in Thailand https://bit.ly/3D6LltN – Look for free delivery options too 🙂